DU & ASSOCIATES, INC.
Your Partner for Innovative Housing Solutions
Business and Technical Experience:
Mr. Lebsock has over 30 years of experience in the affordable housing industry and brings both Information Technology and housing management experience to the team. He held senior level staff positions at the Columbus Metropolitan Housing Authority (Ohio) serving as the Senior Vice President of Housing Programs and Chief Information Officer. As the SVP, he managed the Housing Choice Voucher Program (13,500+) and, during a transition to private management, public housing (2,500+). The voucher program portfolio at CMHA included Housing Choice Vouchers, VASH, Mainstream, Non-elderly Disabled, portable vouchers, and Continuum of Care (formerly Shelter Plus Care) certificates.
He joined the Columbus Metropolitan Housing Authority’s management team in 1989 as the Manager of Information Technology. He directed the management of all data and communication systems at CMHA for over 200 workstations and (18) office locations. He also managed the development and support of CMHA’s application software encompassing Property Management (Public Housing and Section 8), to ensure accurate and timely PIC transmissions, Inventory Control, Procurement, General Ledger, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions. Mr. Lebsock was promoted to Vice President / Chief Information Office in 2000 and developed and maintained the IT Strategic Plan in support of the strategic business initiatives of CMHA.
In 2012, Mr. Lebsock took over the Housing Choice Voucher program as the Vice President of Housing Choice Vouchers. Under his direction, the agency’s Voucher Program achieved and maintained high performer designation from the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for the Section 8 Management Assessment Program (SEMAP) from 2012 through 2018. From 2014 to 2016, he was tasked with oversight over both the Public Housing and Housing Choice Voucher programs. Under Mr. Lebsock’s leadership, the management teams for both divisions ensured that front-line staff had the necessary processes and tools in place to meet all HUD requirements, including the submission and reconciliation of all PIC data. During this time, CMHA began a process to transition their property management to asset management. He shepherded the conversion to private management in 2015 working with the new management companies to assume responsibilities of day to day management of the public housing properties.
Beginning in 2016, he guided his team in support of CMHA’s public housing portfolio conversion through the Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) Program converting to Project Based Voucher subsidies. Mr. Lebsock lead the coordination with relocation specialists, renovation / construction teams and LIHTC program compliance to transition over 800 units from Public Housing to HCV (300 units required no recapitalization and over 500 units were subject to renovation projects). In the course of the portfolio conversion, Mr. Lebsock was responsible for the following:
• Participated in regular calls with the RAD Transaction Manager and PHA team on progress after CHAP issuance through the project closing.
• Provided oversight for the solicitation and selection of relocation specialist for RAD renovation project.
• Coordinated tasks of the relocation specialist to ensure that resident notifications were issued timely with respect to RAD application timeframes. (CHAP, RCC, closing).
• Coordinated meetings with PHA Development and Construction department, Asset Management department and the relocation specialist to ensure compliance with Uniform Relocation Act requirements throughout construction and leasing phases.
• Coordinated with PH operations (Asset Management and Property Management firms) to seamlessly convert clients from PH to PBV.
• Ensured accuracy and completeness of client data transferred between PH and HCV programs.
• Verified and setup HCV units, payment standards and utility allowances for RAD properties.
• Provided oversight that HUD’s PIC data was updated timely with end of participation records for RAD PH clients.
• Worked with contracted property management firms for successful transitions to PBV including staff training, assistance with computer system conversions and updates to their Tenant Selection Plans.
• Managed service contract for providing HCV HQS inspections and rent reasonableness determinations for PHA owned properties.
Mr. Lebsock graduated from Colorado State University with a B.S. in Business, with a concentration in Marketing and a minor in Economics. He has also earned certification as Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute.